Monday, March 22, 2010

Comments for Teachers (Week 10-12)


Caren Carrillo's post, "Checking for Understanding: Assume There Will Be Questions",
offers a new approach to rephrasing the old addage of "are there any questions?". I taught Third Grade last year and there certainly was a "stigma" in the beginning of the year about asking questions. I wish I had Ms. Carrillo's idea of "What questions do you have?" last year.

Caren Carrillo's post,"Review Activity: What's the Word" discusses the use of games as a classroom activity to help her review concepts that have been taught. I love the idea of review games. The wonderful part of these games is that the children are really learning from each other while they are having fun, and they do not realize it. My students are so involved when they are playing learnning games. "Top-It" (a math game like "War" or "Battle") is one my students' favorite games. Learning can be fun! Learning while you are playing and having fun is a winning combination in my classroom. I agree with Ms. Carrillo regarding the idea of not keeping score...it does defeat the purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment