Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Comments for Teachers Week 7-9 Following Mr. Anderson's Blog for 3 weeks

My Comments on Blog from Feb. 10....
Why Do We Have To Learn This?
I am thankful that my professor, Dr. Strange, at the Univ. of South Alabama recommended your blog for my reading assignment over the next few weeks. I really enjoyed your last line of your blog on Feb. 10, Why do we have to learn this? Not because we have to, but because we want to... I hope that we as teachers can inspire our children to learn and apply what they have learned to their own lives and experiences. What our students have learned will make so much more sense!

My Comments from Blog from February 25....
Cultivating The Passion
I hope your student achieves great things in his life. He has the passion and drive that many of our young students have today because they "bow down" to peer pressure. I wish we could convince our students to ignore peer pressure. It would make life so much simpler! I strive to be a passionate teacher and hope that my students strive daily to be passionate learners. Well, some days that is wishful thinking, but we have to keep trying.

My Comments from Blog from March 4,
Morale...Get Some
I wish I could have read your comments 16 years ago when I moved to California. On the first day of teaching at my new school, I met a co-worker who was the mirror image of your colleague. I could feel my blood pressure going up the minute she walked into my classroom. Her negativity was unbelievable. My colleagues and I did just what you suggested..."we surrounded ourselves with positive others with good sense of humor", and we shut our doors and tried to avoid her at all costs whenever possible. Unfortunately, tenure outweighed the control of our administrator and we suffered for 10 more years until "Mrs. Negative" retired! It was a lesson worth learning...Positive people can have a lasting positive effect on people. That is the impact I hope to have on my children!

1 comment:

  1. Your very detailed and write with power and conviction. I come to you from class E. I enjoyed the simplicity of your blog and wish you much luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete