Thursday, April 8, 2010

Do You Skype? (Project 6)


Well I have tried Skype, but I do not use Skype on a regular basis. My school has blocked Internet sites like Skype, Twitter, Facebook, etc. for security reasons according to our computer teacher at my private school. My former school in CA does allow Skype access so I did Skype my former colleagues while they were at school and I was home. Thank goodness they are in a time zone that is 2 hours behind me. It was great to see their classrooms and the children's work. It was a great way to get some ideas from a great group of talented teachers, and I was 2500 miles away. Yes, you can take pictures, but there is something to be said about hearing a friendly voice. It really made me smile to hear a voice that I haven't heard in so long. The best part of Skype.....it is FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment