Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 13 (April 11)

I loved The Zax video! Dr. Seuss was and always will be a genius! Unfortunately, some teachers will "never budge from their tracks", but we have to if we are keep up with the world around us. Change is not easy and I will be the first one to admit it!

WOW! The PS 22 video was amazing! Kudos to the teachers and students at PS22. I think is important for students to post their work to blogs so students, teachers, parents, administrators (anyone interested in learning) can learn from and teach each other. Mr. Chamberlain's blog post allows parents to view the activities in class via the class stream link on his class blog. I feel it helps the parents to see and better understand what is being taught in the classroom. It adds consistency for children when parents use the same teaching techniques at home (especially for my Kindergarten students). Kaia's blog is another excellent example for children to interact with other children around the globe. Students/children are communicating and sharing ideas using technology. The world is at their fingertips and only a click away.A Vision of Students Today
was one of my favorite videos for an EDM310 blog post assignment. The reflections and questions posed by these students were very profound and made me, as a teacher, really think about how I teach my students.



Comments 4Kids

Tracey's favorite thing at the Pt. England School camp was going down the slide. She was very descriptive about her feelings of being scared, but then she saw the light at the bottom and "SPLASH!" into the cold water. My Kindergarten students would love to have a school camp with such a cool slide.

1 comment: