Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Project 5 (Survey and Survey Results)

Project 5 Survey
Survey Results

My "Future Plans Survey" was of interest to me because most of the students in my EDM310 class are 20 years younger than me. I wanted to see what their plans were for the future. I was surprised that many of the students who responded cannot speak a second language, many plan on teaching in Mobile, and many plan on going to graduate school. Why did I choose these questions? I received my BS in Early Childhood Education at South Alabama in 1988, taught in the Mobile County Public Schools System for 5 years, moved to San Francisco Bay Area and taught for 11 years in a public school and lived in a foreign country (Wales) for 2 1/2 years. I never thought I would have all of those experiences, but each one has had a major impact on my family, me, and the way I teach. I sent my survey to 63 people, but only 27 responded. I thought the number of responses was poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment