Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 15 (April 25)

After viewing the video,7th Grader's PLE, I was amazed at this student's organization, focus, and dedication to her work. It was interesting to hear the student talk about how much freedom she had at school when dealing with her PLE. Her large amount of freedom gave her the "inclination to be responsible". I wonder... how many 7th Grade students are this responsible? Would the number of students who used their freedom to work on their PLE outnumber those students who used their freedom to "surf" the web for leisure? Think about it....
My PLE is an absolute "wreck" compared to this student's PLE or PLN. Yes, I could definitely learn a great deal from her. It's great to see teachers learning from their students. Our students have a great deal to share...teachers are (or at least should be) lifelong learners.


Two Questions That Can Change Your Life was a very thought provoking video. What's my sentence? I hope my sentence is "She was my favorite teacher. She made learning so much fun." Was I better today than yesterday? Well, the answer to that question is "yes" on some days and "no" on other days. Life can affect the answer to that question...whether it be in my personal life, professional life, or my students' lives. Each day presents a new and unique challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment